Re: [textadept] Textadept Updater

From: Zhehao Mao <zhehao.....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 23:33:02 -0500

On 03/02/2011 09:43 PM, mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Zhehao Mao wrote:
>
>> I'm starting a new thread for this because I think it's kind of
>> important. I've looked at the luarocks code, and it seems that all we
>> have to do is change a bunch of filepaths in order to get it to install
>> into the textadept directory instead of the luarocks directory. Do you
>> guys think forking luarocks and customizing it for textadept is the way
>> to go, or do you think we should just use the vanilla luarocks program?
>
> Ideally vanilla luarocks would be used. I don't want to distribute
> luarocks with ta.
>
> mitchell

OK, so I've found that the luarocks executable can be given a
--to=<tree> flag to specify the directory in which it will install the
rocks. However, now that I've read about tags in git and hg, I agree
with you that that is probably a better solution. I'll try to implement
the updater by just cloning the hg repo on google code. I'm kind of busy
with schoolwork right now, so I won't make any guarantees about
deadlines. If you get impatient, feel free to implement it yourself. You
probably know more about mercurial than I do anyway, as I'm a git user.

Howie