Re: [textadept] Textadept Updater

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:10:17 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Robert wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Zhehao Mao <zhehao.....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 03/02/2011 09:43 PM, mitchell wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Ideally vanilla luarocks would be used. I don't want to distribute
>>> luarocks with ta.
>>>
>>> mitchell
>>>
>> Ok, wait, so I've just though of another problem. If we use hg for the
>> updater, wouldn't the C core have to recompiled on each update since the
>> hg repo only includes the source files? Perhaps luarocks would be the
>> better choice.

There are already packages for previous releases so luarocks would be
unnecessary. Hg is fine for tagging modules with releases.

>> Howie
>>
>> --
>
> I thought you were asking about better ways to update language modules
> and modules extending TA's functionality. Updating the application is
> of course a different thing.
>
> Mitchell,
> the plan is to distribute language models for "popular enough"
> languages together with Textadept, correct?

I don't really know what the plan is. I want all included modules to have
adeptsenses if possible (and if reasonable); at least taking advantage of
the documentation aspect if not autocompletion.

mitchell