Re: Python module (Was: [textadept] Textadept 3.7 beta 2)

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:09:00 +0100

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
(...)

>> The "working prototype" I mentioned is using Pysmell, there is also
>> rope (with ropeide, ropemacs, ropevim, etc.).
>> I have also some other stuff in various stages of releasability, like
>> pep8-checking, pylint etc.
>> I'll let you know when I got something working.
>
> I wonder if there's a way to do autocomplete without those external tools. I
> wouldn't want an included module to depend on anything foreign.
>
> mitchell

I agree, my first attempts with Pysmell were okay, but there is the
problem of built-in modules that need to be imported to inspect them.
Pysmell does static analysis.

I have something for the api in pure standard library python now, tags next. :-)
For once generating an api file importing the modules is not a problem.

Robert