Re: [textadept] Adeptsense

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 00:04:03 -0400 (EDT)

Robert,

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Robert wrote:

> Mitchell,
>
> having worked a bit more with Adeptsense I can say, this is truly
> terrific and should save a lot of switching to the terminal or a web
> browser.

Thanks! I'm finding Adeptsense far more powerful and useful than I
anticipated. It's quite a pleasant surprise.

> Some thoughts:
> There are lot of ways to generate api info, so maybe having ctags
> mappings as the default way of seeing things could be reconsidered.
> For example, now everything has to map to classes. Maybe these could
> be more generally be called containers, which could be
> modules, packages, classes, objects...

I don't want to migrate away from ctags because ctags output will ideally
produce *something* useful that Adeptsense can use. We happen to be
writing generators that produce *more useful* completions, and I wouldn't
necessarily want users to have to learn how to use the generators. I think
ctags' output is minimally sufficient, at least for the big guys C and
Java.

I know the Adeptsense terminology is a bit strange, but I think the
documentation does a good job defining the "containers", etc. and I don't
think it will change.

> In the Lua module,
> how about a type_assigment like
>
> for