Python module update

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:16:34 +0100

Hi,

I pushed a few updates, let me know if there are issues.

Mitchell,
on Windows the dos box pops, when I do the syntax checking so I added
an option to disable it. This probably affects the ruby module, too.

I read up a bit on getting a "silent" popen, but it seems there is no
easy solution. (Some involve recompiling.) When you tried the spawn
extension, you mentioned problems on Windows. What were these?
I probably could have a workaround using temporary files and using the
pythonw.exe version of the python interpreter (which does not open a
shell) but it would of course be nice if there were a simpler
solution.

Robert