Re: [textadept] LuaJIT and Windows

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 11:02:25 +0200

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
>> There is likely not much in Textadept that benefits significantly from
>> LuaJIT but maybe the recently introduced foreign function interface
>> [1] could provide an easy way to get access to native Windows UI
>> elements, like file open, that was talked about on the Lua mailing
>> list.
>
> Yes, it's very tempting, but a little C extension would be more portable.
>
> Some people do feel strongly about native dialog boxes, especially the
> file open/save, since they can share any customizations with the rest
> of the system (e.g. 'favorites')

Others might value that Textadept behaves the same on all platform...

Personally, I try to avoid file open dialogs on Linux as well, hard to
navigate with keyboard only. Filtered lists (snapopen)
are great, there is also a text-based filebrowser on the wiki.
When I work on a work on a project for a longer time I assign a
shortcut to its folder.

Robert