Re: [textadept] LuaJIT and Windows

From: Michal Kottman <k0mpju....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:49:48 +0200

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 15:35 +0200, Robert wrote:
> There is likely not much in Textadept that benefits significantly from
> LuaJIT but maybe the recently introduced foreign function interface
> [1] could provide an easy way to get access to native Windows UI
> elements, like file open, that was talked about on the Lua mailing
> list.

I don't want to sound like a heretic, but has the implementation of the
core of Textadept in Qt been considered? Qt provides a cross-platform
way of creating native-looking interfaces, and the Scintilla component
is available in Qt through the QScintilla project, and is kept
up-to-date [1]. It should also solve the "shortcut keys" and "native
file open" "issues"...

Translating the 2000 LOC of src/textadept.c should not be that hard (I
hope :). I may actually attempt such conversion when I have more time
(which will likely be during the summer break).

[1] http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/news/qscintilla-25