Re: [textadept] LuaJIT and Windows

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 13:22:24 +0200

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM, steve donovan <steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Michal Kottman <k0mpju....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't want to sound like a heretic, but has the implementation of the
>> core of Textadept in Qt been considered?
>
> It is a rather large dependency, not so? Especially for a program that
> uses a minimum of GUI features like TA.
>
> My thought, looking at that small C core, was that it could be done
> using native APIs (Windows, Cocoa) without too much trouble. (A Cocoa
> port of Scintilla is maintained as well)
>
> steve d.

The PyGUI [1] project tries to do this as a toolkit. With this for Lua it
might be possible, otherwise there might be a lack of maintainers for these
ports.
I'm fine with GTK Textadept on Windows, the complete packaged version
is reasonably small (~6-7MB) and the code I'm working on looks the same :-)

Robert

[1] http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/