Re: [textadept] LuaJIT and Windows

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:49:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011, steve donovan wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
>> navigate with keyboard only. Filtered lists (snapopen)
>> are great, there is also a text-based filebrowser on the wiki.
>
> I'll have a look at that (mice do slow things down)
>
> But then I'd guess we are mostly console users; it's a question of how
> nice to be to people who aren't...

Even though I had already written snapopen, I was happy with using the
standard Gtk Filechooser since it has tab-completion and I know my
directory structure by memory. Once I was introduced to the idea of having
a key shortcut to snapopen a directory, I couldn't live without it.

In general I take the path of least resistance; if GTK provides me with a
filechooser, I'll use it regardless of what platform I am on. I wonder how
to call the native filechooser on OSX anyway...maybe I need to use
Objective-C...

mitchell