Re: [textadept] Textadept 3.7

From: steve donovan <steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 13:00:36 +0200

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:32 AM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Textadept 3.7 is available from http://textadept.googlecode.com

Thanks, Mitchell - looking good, except for a few little issues. I'm
running on Ubuntu 10.04, grabbed the tarball and built it myself.

There is one serious bug I've noticed. If you use 'Find in Files'
then after the directory dialog the results are presented as we
expect, in a [Files found] buffer in a new horizontal view. If
however your selection is now in the _other_ view, and you repeat
this find-in-files operation with a different directory, then the
results of the search are inserted into the other view, trashing a
code buffer!

I had some fun customizing the key shortcuts but naturally things blew
up occaisionally, putting TA out of action. Then I had to use SciTE to
sort out the problem, which strikes me as a bit drastic ;) Perhaps a
judicious use of pcall when loading things like the menu and keys
modules? I'm probably trying to customize in the wrong place, so this
is a newbie-breaking-things problem.

Ctrl-B is a great command, but like other similar dialogs,
double-click is not bound to 'OK' like <enter> is. Not a problem for
those that leave their mouse behind when editing, but it feels like
this would be a common user expectation.

steve d.