Re: [textadept] Re: CoffeeScript lexer

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 18:34:33 +0200

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:40 PM, mitchell
<code%caladbolg.....at.gtempaccount.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> On May 23, 3:22 pm, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
>> Hi Mitchell,
>>
>> I copied regex support from the Javascript lexer to Coffeescript [1]
>>
>> Another question: how much overhead is embedding another lexer in the
>> HTML-lexer?
>> It is possible to use CoffeeScript in <script type="text/coffeescript"> tags.
>> It's easy to add, just copying the Javascript embedding and replacing
>> "javascript" with "coffeescript".
>> Should I just add it to the wiki or is this worth including? (It's of
>> course not recommended
>> for production :-)
>
> Overhead should be minimal and you can embed coffeescript just like
> javascript. Is coffeescript a common thing to see? If so, it may be
> worth
> including.
>
> mitchell

It's definitely only used for testing out CoffeeScript, it requires
the CoffeeScript code within the
 <script type="text/coffeescript"> tag.
I was playing around with CoffeeScript and it was simple adding it to
the html lexer, so the wiki would probably be fine as well.
However, interest in CoffeeScript seems to be up since it is included
by default in Rails 3.1 and CoffeeScript reached 1.0 a couple of month
ago.

Robert