[textadept] improvements for opening large text files

From: Alexandru Draghina <alexdragh....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 02:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm new to textadept - but already like the idea of it, and most of
it's features; and for the features that I want.. I plan to implement
them myself.

Anyway - at work I have to open large text files (logs actually), and
I just give it a try with a 384MB log - but it gave up with "not
enough memory"; it was already using 500MB+ of ram (Windows XP,
Core2duo, 2GB of ram, enough swap space).

The same file, opened in Notepad++ requires about 700MB (sometimes
less..).

Does anyone has any ideas about how to make some improvements (in what
areas..) so I'll be able to open such large files?

Thank you,