Re: improvements for opening large text files

From: Alexandru Draghina <alexdragh....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 03:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Steve for the info.

It's a little strange - because Notepad++ is built on Scintilla too,
if i remember correctly; but probably it has a different 'max.size'
limit.

I agree, a text editor (programmer's editor) is not supposed to open
such large files - but on the other hand, I need to analyze these
logs, I need syntax highlighting, regular expressions, split views and
so on - things that should be done by a programmer editor, not a Hex
editor.

I'll try to see if I can change the memory limit in Textadept - with
the risk of running out of virtual memory, or moving slow. Because it
stops itself with the "not enough memory" message, I'm sure there is a
size limit hardcoded somewhere. Otherwise, maybe I can find a method
to load large files in smaller chunks (haven't done this before, but..
who knows?)

Regards,
Alex