key commands for keys below 255

From: anton <averbit....at.yandex.ru>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've just started to use TA and I really enjoy exploring it.

I want to ask for help in a small technical problem

in order to assign a command to a key with value higher than 255
one proceeds as follows
1. Add this value to KEYSYMS table in
   core/keys.lua
(one can look it up here
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/plain/gdk/gdkkeysyms.h
and use for instance wolframalpha to convert to decimal )
2 Add a command to this key in keys table in
  modules/textadept/keys.lua.

Somehow this seems not to work with keys values below 255 (like , or
, for instance).
Direct ways like keys[''] don't help either.

Thank you very much for your help.