Re: [textadept] Re: Spellchecker

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:01:34 +0200

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM, anton <averbit....at.yandex.ru> wrote:
> I've written a very simple spellchecker module based on Hunspell and
> Lua binding from Michal.
> (see below)

Very cool, I wish I had this earlier :-)

> In order to use it you need to compile spell.cpp from
>    https://github.com/mkottman/luaspell
> linking it against the hunspell library (libhunspell-1.2.a on my
> SuSe),
> add it to your cpath and add the dictionaries (see code)
>
> Sorry for mess, I'm not a programmer so don't have a github account.

You program, so you're a programmer... don't you think?
The wiki would be a good place, also to add distribution-specific
installation instructions for hunspell and cpath examples, etc. (Took
me some googling.)
You can also use Github gist [1] or many other sites for code sharing
without signing up there.

> Please let me know if you find errors. Hope it'll be of some use.

Not an error, just an idea:
Maybe assigning keyboard short cuts (that a user can change) to
start/stop spell checking
is better than enabling the spell checking by default when loading the module.

Robert

[1] https://gist.github.com/