Re: Spellchecker

From: anton <averbit....at.yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Not an error, just an idea:
> Maybe assigning keyboard short cuts (that a user can change) to
> start/stop spell checking
> is better than enabling the spell checking by default when loading the module.

Shortcuts are sacred territory. I have something like

local m_spellchecker = _m.anton.spellchecker

keys.cas = { m_spellchecker.suggest_list }
keys.cad = { m_spellchecker.disable_spellcheck }
keys.cag = { m_spellchecker.enable_spellcheck }

in my .textadept/keys/init.lua.

I enabled spellchecking by default to show that it works,
as far as I understand nobody uses TA with out-of-the-box
configuration.
I also hope that everybody can figure out the meaning of the last two
lines ;)

anton