Re: [textadept] Styling

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 02:20:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Anton,

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, anton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can someone give me a (comprehensible!) explanation how styling works?
> I basically want to understand how
> buffer.set_styling
> buffer.start_styling
> and all those styles, indicators, masks work.
>
> I did look at Scintilla documentation but it only confuses me more.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about styling to provide a "comprehensible"
explanation of how styling works, but there are some learn-by-example
resources available.

There are some sample calls using start_styling and set_styling here:
http://sphere.sourceforge.net/flik/docs/scintilla-container_lexer.html

You can look at modules/textadept/editing.lua's highlight_word function
for examples of setting indicators.

mitchell