Re: [textadept] Couple of "how do I" questions

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:19:44 +0200

David,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM, David Tweed <david.tw....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, there's a couple of things that I haven't been able to figure out
> about textadept.
>
> 1. The scintilla widget "highlights" the current line in grey, but I
> can't find anything in themes that looks like a setting for that
> colour. (I'd prefer to switch it off entirely, but I'd settle for
> being able to change the colour to one that increases rather than
> decreases the contrast on the line I'm currently working on.)

you need to set
buffer.caret_line_visible = false
in your theme's view.lua.
Due to the separate Lua states colors related to the language are set
in lexer.lua, colors for the scintilla widget in view.lua.
It's sufficient to copy for example Textadept's themes/light/view.lua
to ./textadept/themes/light/view.lua and change the value to false, if
that's the only change you would like to make.

caret_line_visible: Flag indicating whether or not the background of
the line containing the caret is a different color.

> 2. Once I've used the find functionality, how do I get rid of the find
> mini-window? (A second Ctrl-F doesn't remove it.)

Escape. This is set at the GTK-C-level I think.
For the command line entry that is used for incremental search, you
could edit the keys that close the command entry widget.

Robert