Re: [textadept] Re: Lexer

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:16:33 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:58 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, anton wrote:
>
>> The main problem is that if I do something wrong in a module, TA
>> (well, Lua) gives a meaningful
>> error message. If I do something wrong in a lexer TA simply crashes.
>
> Error messages will be printed to STDOUT or STDERR in Linux.

Also, to quote from the manual:
"Poorly written lexers have the ability to crash Scintilla, so unsaved
data might be lost. However, these crashes have only been observed in
early lexer development, when syntax errors or pattern errors are
present. Once the lexer actually starts styling text (either correctly
or incorrectly; it does not matter), no crashes have occurred."

Robert