Re: [textadept] Design suggestions

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:58:10 +0200

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM, anton <averbit....at.yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hallo MItchell,
>
> I have some suggestions about design of run and keys modules.
> I suggest to divide the functionality of run into compiling and
> output, and to
> shift the output part to the corresponding language modules (i.e. cpp/
> init.lua , lua/init.lua and so on) In many cases the user simply wants
> a statusbar notification about successful compilation and a detailed
> error message only in case of error.
>
> The second suggestion is about keys.lua. IMHO one needs to shift
> functions
> enclose_in_tag
> any_char_mt
> toggle_setting
> show_recent_file_list
> show_style
> to other places like html/init.lua for enclose_in_tags,
> show_recent_file_list to gui.lua.
> I think this will make a clearer design.

I think it's good to have enclose_in_tag available globally, there is
the xml module, embedded html like in php, rails or django, so that
would mean a lot of duplication.

As for some of the other functions I tend to agree. This would make it
easier for people
with a completely different keyboard layout.