Re: [textadept] Re: Design suggestions

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 14:51:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Anton

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011, anton wrote:

> ok.
> I still think that enclose_in_tag should belong to all html related
> modules.
> I think, one should always prefer cleaner design over ad hoc
> optimization.

I do prefer cleaner design, and in this case, having multiple
enclose_in_tag's in hypertext, xml, etc. markup language modules is not
clean design.

> I think a good place for show_style is lexer.lua.

Not possible. lexer.lua is part of Scintillua as Robert pointed out.

> A also think that show_recent_file_list should be in menu.lua
> in the form of Recent Files menu entry, with Recent files in submenu..

This doesn't seem efficient to me because gui.menubar would have to be
re-assigned after each file is opened.

mitchell

> Once again, only my opinion.
>
> anton
>
> P.S.: I haven't said anything about any_char_mt not because I agree
> that
> it should be in keys.lua but because I don't have the slightest idea
> what this
> function does ;)
>
> On 24 Jun., 18:03, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>> Hi Anton,
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, anton wrote:
>>> Hallo MItchell,
>>
>>> I have some suggestions about design of run and keys modules.
>>> I suggest to divide the functionality of run into compiling and
>>> output, and to
>>> shift the output part to the corresponding language modules (i.e. cpp/
>>> init.lua , lua/init.lua and so on) In many cases the user simply wants
>>> a statusbar notification about successful compilation and a detailed
>>> error message only in case of error.
>>
>> This is a good suggestion, but I will instead have the run module emit
>> events when there is compile or run output. Language specific modules can
>> connect themselves to those events to display output in the statusbar,
>> etc.
>>
>>> The second suggestion is about keys.lua. IMHO one needs to shift
>>> functions
>>> enclose_in_tag
>>> any_char_mt
>>> toggle_setting