Re: [textadept] ta 4.0 changes in hg

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:38:42 +0200

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>> This is strange because I don't think any key handling code has changed
>> since 3.9. Thus any shortcuts that worked then should work in 4.0. The menus
>> don't handle accelerators; they just show text.
>
> Actually, I wonder if GDK_MOD5_MASK is Alt Gr on Linux? If so, then it would
> be mapped to META. Robert, can you find this out for me if possible?
> Uncomment core/keys.lua:220 and you should get the output for each key in a
> terminal window. If it is indeed, META, I will set meta to false on non-OSX
> platforms to minimize confusion.
>
> mitchell

Ctrl-Alt Gr-[ gives:

65027 nil false true false false
91 nil false true false true
65513 nil false false false false

So "meta" is set to true, apparently.
Setting
meta = false
allows me to use the short cuts on Linux.

Actually, I'm still a bit confused about the new (OS X) mappings. I've
seen the discussion
on scintilla-interest and I think Neil summarized the different view
points well:

> There are different audiences for this code. Some people will just
> be using OS X and so may prefer closely following OS X standards.
> Others, like me move between platforms so prefer some trade-offs be
> made towards working the same on all platforms.

I'm more in the mover's camp, so why not have "Control" as "c" on all
platforms, and
the modifier key next to space as "a", be it "Alt" or "Command"
(formerly known as "Apple" key so there is even a nice mnemonic)? The
Alt/Option key on the Mac could be named
"Option" within Textadept.

Robert