Re: [textadept] Get the "Switch Buffer" and the "Snapopen" dialog to remember there last size

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:32:23 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using TextAdept more and more because it is awesome! Thank you so much.
>
> I have a slight annoyance that if fixed could really help. So I hope there is a simple way to make
> this happen.
> Is there any way for the "Switch Buffer" and the "Snapopen" dialog to remember there last size. I am
> working on a project that has a fairly deep path and can't even see the filenames of the files in the
> "snapopen" dialog. It would make it slightly better if the snapopen dialog could use the "Switch
> Buffer" columns, but I still would love the ability to resize the dialog and have it remember it's
> size.

Dialog size unfortunately cannot be saved since they are provided by
gcocoadialog, however there are a couple ways of going about this:

1.

* Define your own switchbuffer based on gui.switchbuffer code and add
   '--width', 'ddd', '--height', 'ddd' arguments to the gui.filteredlist()
   call where 'ddd' are your desired dimensions. Then you can assign a key
   command to your function (e.g. keys.cb = my_switchbuffer). This can all
   be done in your ~/.textadept/init.lua.

* Copy the snapopen module to ~/.textadept/modules/textadept/ and modify
   the gui.filteredlist() call just like above, adding '--width', etc.
   arguments.

2.

Modify core/gui.lua and snapopen.lua directly as described above. (Not
recommended).