Re: [textadept] Get the "Switch Buffer" and the "Snapopen" dialog to remember there last size

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:18:52 -0400

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Dialog size unfortunately cannot be saved since they are provided by
> gcocoadialog, however there are a couple ways of going about this:
>
> 1.
>
> * Define your own switchbuffer based on gui.switchbuffer code and add
> '--width', 'ddd', '--height', 'ddd' arguments to the gui.filteredlist()
> call where 'ddd' are your desired dimensions. Then you can assign a key
> command to your function (e.g. keys.cb = my_switchbuffer). This can all
> be done in your ~/.textadept/init.lua.
>
> * Copy the snapopen module to ~/.textadept/modules/**textadept/ and modify
> the gui.filteredlist() call just like above, adding '--width', etc.
> arguments.

OK that sounds reasonable. Do you think it would be reasonable to save the
size to a file? Or is the issue that you can't get the size from the dialog
after it is closed?

> 2.
>
> Modify core/gui.lua and snapopen.lua directly as described above. (Not
> recommended).
>
> mitchell

What about using the "Name" column, from the "Switch Buffer" dialog in the
Snapopen dialog? That is mostly my issue. That would get me a long way.

--
Regards,
Ryan