Re: ta 4.0 changes in hg

From: Patrick <patrick.mcmor....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:28:03 -0700 (PDT)

On my Mac I think I would prefer that it behave more like a Mac app
than a unix app.

Specifically, this would mean using all of the typical mappings as
well as showing the special apple symbol in the menus instead of a
letter (same goes for alt). I'm also not a huge fan of editors that
force any set of key mapping onto users and forces them to learn them
to be productive. Some editors are nice in that they let you remap
things but that is pretty much enough work that will make me lose
interest before I finish. I'd rather see key mappings themed more
like color schemes. I think Textpad does a very good job of this, in
the editor preferences you can set a "keystroke compatibility" option
to "Microsoft Applications" etc. This makes it easier for new users
to switch over to TA.