Re: [textadept] Re: ta 4.0 changes in hg

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:36:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Patrick,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, Patrick wrote:

> Minor issue,
>
> In windows 7 the Next View shortcut is Ctrl + Alt + Tab but this is
> already taken in window for the task switcher (same goes for throwing
> in shift).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

> On Aug 3, 10:28�pm, Patrick <patrick.mcmor....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>> On my Mac I think I would prefer that it behave more like a Mac app
>> than a unix app.
>>
>> Specifically, this would mean using all of the typical mappings as
>> well as showing the special apple symbol in the menus instead of a
>> letter (same goes for alt).

This is how it is in OSX.

>> I'm also not a huge fan of editors that
>> force any set of key mapping onto users and forces them to learn them
>> to be productive. �Some editors are nice in that they let you remap
>> things but that is pretty much enough work that will make me lose
>> interest before I finish. �I'd rather see key mappings themed more
>> like color schemes. �I think Textpad does a very good job of this, in
>> the editor preferences you can set a "keystroke compatibility" option
>> to "Microsoft Applications" etc. �This makes it easier for new users
>> to switch over to TA.

Textadept in my opinion does a very good job in retaining keyboard
compatibility with Windows, Apple, and Linux user interface guidelines.
All the standard stuff you expect is there, though the extra's might take
some time to learn.

mitchell