New to textadept :-)

From: James Keats <james.w.ke....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm new to textadept, having found out about it through Mitchell's
blog, which I found by googling for scite's goodies.

Such a cute little editor you have there. :-)

I have a couple of questions:
1- I have the default install of textadept, I haven't changed anything
about it. When I open a scala (*.scala) file it doesn't automatically
highlight the syntax, I have to choose scala from the lexer menu. How
can I make it automatically choose lexers based on file extension and
automatically highlight syntax accordingly?
2- how can I make it automatically plus indent the line that follows
an opening brace? so if I type "class Whatever {..." the line
following that is automatically plus-indented?

Thanks :-)