Re: [textadept] Re: New to textadept :-)

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:48:35 -0700

I have a similar project going on for providing autocomplete for the D
programming language in TextAdept. It uses a program (hosted here:
https://bitbucket.org/SirAlaran/dscanner/overview) to scan through the
source code and generate a JSON-formatted summary of functions,
classes, and structures. I then have a D language module for TA that
uses the output of that tool to provide basic autocompletion.

I'm not sure about Scala, but with D there's enough possibilities to
change the code through templates and code mixins that providing full
autocomplete support basically requires that the compiler be
integrated into the editor. My goal is to build something for D that
covers most use cases, but not all of them.

I'll be uploading my D module to the wiki when I feel it's ready, but
I can send you what I have now if you'd like some ideas to work from.
In the meantime, you'll want to read the documentation for the
AdeptSense module:
http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept/modules/_m.textadept.adeptsense.html