Re: [textadept] Novice Laundry list

From: steve donovan <steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:33:44 +0200

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Patrick <patrick.mcmor....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) When I have many (4+) frames open, its sometimes hard to tell what
> file is open in what frame.  I can see the current file in the title
> bar, but that's only 1 of the frames.

An option to have a mini-status (either top or bottom) on a frame
would be useful.

> 2) I find the Ctrl-Tab behavior to be a bit hard to use in that it
> rotates through files in a given order whereas most things in windows
> use a history order

Yes, SciTE does this now and it's a good thing. It's not a difficult
thing to do and in fact I did such a little hack for TA - need to find
it and test it again.

> 3) I find it a pain when the open file dialog opens to the TA install
> folder 0.000% of the time do I actually want to create a file there.

Again, SciTE's open.file.in.folder is a marvelous thing. Not a
difficult thing to do. And since people have preferences, it feels
like a feature that could be controlled by a flag you can set in your
init file.

OK, SciTE is a bit mad in this way, there are dozens of options, but
people are different ;)

steve d.