Re: [textadept] 4.0 beta Key Command Feedback

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:46:06 -0400

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:49 AM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:

> Robert,
>

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Robert wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> how about having
>> Command/Alt+L
>> as the language module prefix on both platforms?
>> Ctrl-L clashes with the vertical centering on OS X.
>>

> It should be command+L on Mac OSX instead of ctrl+L. Thanks for noticing
> this; I will make the change. I don't want Alt+L because Alt+letter is
> reserved for menu access.

In the documentation that is shipped with TA I don't get the correct symbols
for the MacOSX shortcuts. I don't use MacOS, but I thought you would like to
know. Attached is a screen capture if you need.

Well there are a few shortcuts that clash on the default Ubuntu (11.04
amd64) Unity interface:

TA Key Shortcut [Ubuntu default behavior]
Ctrl+Alt+L [Lock Screen]
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S [Roll up window]
Ctrl+Y [Doesn't seem to do anything]

These may not be app the known issues, but the ones I ran into.

--
Regards,
Ryan

Textadept_Manual_Mac_shortcut_messup.png