Re: [textadept] Compiler for windows

From: Patrick McMorris <patr....at.sixpack.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:50:15 -0700

Well, I can't really find any clear walkthroughs on how to set up the dev
environment and build on windows. I've tried to fumble through installing
the gtk+ 2.22 dev bundle. But I must have missed something as I keep
getting build errors. Do you build from in the texadept_X/src folder? Even
doing a make clean gives me an error:

$ make clean
rm ../textadept *.o
rm: cannot lstat `../textadept': No such file or directory

Also using make WIN32=1 was still looking for i486-mingw32-gcc which I don't
have for some reason. I've installed the mingw32-gcc package, updated and
upgraded but I still don't get that binary. Looking at the file list here
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/mingw32-gcc/files/ I can
see the file in a newer version of the package. But I guess my repositories
only have up to 4.5.2-1. I tried just changing it to gcc in the make file
but that didn't get me much further.

Anyway, it would be good to have some updated instructions for setting up a
dev environment and building the package. Also, if you have all the symbol
files for the 4.0 beta 1 package then I'd rather use those. There are no
guarantees that the version I build myself will fail the same way.

Patrick