GTK+ missing mouse up events on Win7

From: Patrick <patrick.mcmor....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:01:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've notice that if you're dragging a selection around or a scroll bar etc.
and then release the mouse button off the editor window, it doesn't get the
mouse up event. This isn't a problem on OSX but its pretty frustrating to
have the editor think that you're dragging when none of the buttons are
down. Clicking somewhere in the window again fixes the issue. I've notices
that the gtk/bin/gtk-demo.exe has the same problem. Is this a problem on
the other windows platforms? Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Similarly, if you're dragging the scrollbar up and down and the mouse goes
out of the frame, the thumb control stops moving. I know that in WPF
(another windows UI framework) you get similar behavior and that you need to
"Capture" the mouse focus while dragging in order to ensure you get mouse
messages when it is outside the application window. Does GTK+ have
something similar or is this another GTK+ bug?

Patrick