Splitviews problem

From: clux <analsandblas....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:34:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
First off, I just started using Textadept and I just like to say that after
having tried so many simple text editors replacements, this is an fantastic
one. Seems to map onto scripting languages very well : )

My slight problem:
When I use run or compile on a file when I have the right module stuff
configured: it works, but it opens the result in a split view.
I just want to close the view after having verified that the output is
correct, but if I close the output buffer, then it still stays in split
view.
I just found this a tad annoying as if I don't have the right buffer
selected after closing the output, then unsplitting the views will force me
to view whatever happens to replace the output buffer, and I'll have to
manually switch back to what I was working on.

Is there any way of forcing run/compile to open in 'unsplit mode', or
perhaps some other solution to this?

Any help appreciated!
--clux