Re: [textadept] Splitviews problem

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:40:27 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM, clux <analsandblas....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> First off, I just started using Textadept and I just like to say that after
> having tried so many simple text editors replacements, this is an fantastic
> one. Seems to map onto scripting languages very well : )
> My slight problem:
> When I use run or compile on a file when I have the right module stuff
> configured: it works, but it opens the result in a split view.
> I just want to close the view after having verified that the output is
> correct, but if I close the output buffer, then it still stays in split
> view.
> I just found this a tad annoying as if I don't have the right buffer
> selected after closing the output, then unsplitting the views will force me
> to view whatever happens to replace the output buffer, and I'll have to
> manually switch back to what I was working on.
> Is there any way of forcing run/compile to open in 'unsplit mode', or
> perhaps some other solution to this?
> Any help appreciated!
> --clux

I use a modified short cut for closing, if it is a message buffer it
will also unsplit the view.
In your init.lua:
keys.cw = { function()
  if buffer._type then
    buffer:close()
    gui.goto_view(-1, false)
  else
    buffer:close()
  end
end }

So after checking the output, pressing Ctrl-w brings me back to the
buffer/view I was working on. Alternatively, you could write your own
run command.

Robert