[textadept] For Fun: Textadept running NATIVELY on HP Touchpad (pic)

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I got Textadept running via an XServer[1] on the HP Touchpad. This is NOT
the chroot + Ubuntu method[2], this is native. It involved cross-compiling
GTK and ta for the ARM processor and installing the appropriate files on
the Touchpad's Linux-based webOS via Optware[3][4].

http://caladbolg.net/images/textadept/ta-touchpad.jpg

I may work on getting a one-tap install package for Preware[5] soon.

Is it usable? Sorta. Right now the keyboard does not support Control or
Alt modifier keys so key commands are pretty useless, but the menu is not.
However, ta appears fully-functional.

mitchell

[1]: http://twitter.com/#!/webosinternals/status/106255232064954368
[2]: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-development/292457-tutorial-how-get-ubuntu-touchpad.html