[textadept] Textadept 4.0

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 17:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Textadept 4.0 is available from http://textadept.googlecode.com

See migration guide:
http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/index.php?n=Main.Migrating4

Textadept is coming into its 4th year of development and has averaged a
major release once every year since 2007. I want to thank all of you for
your continued support of this project. Your contributions are very much
appreciated and help make Textadept better and better. I believe this text
editor can compete against a majority of other editors out there,
commercial or open source.

I received a couple generous donations recently. Those people already
received personal emails from me, but I would like to thank them again.
For everyone else, if you find Textadept useful, please consider donating
via Paypal. There is a link on the main page. Any amount is greatly
appreciated.

Textadept will of course continue to be actively developed. (You've
probably noticed there has been a new release at least once a month going
back to v2.1 in March 2010.) I have a couple ideas in the pipeline:
asynchronous spawning of processes and debugging support (for Lua first,
then maybe C/C++). Please feel free to make additional suggestions.

Thanks again everyone, you're the best :)

Bugfixes:
   * Makefile should only link to libdl.so on Linux/BSD.
   * Fixed memory access bug in gui.dialog().
   * Autocomplete word list was not sorted properly.
   * Autocompletion list sort order respects buffer.auto_c_ignore_case now.
   * Fixed split view focus bug with the same buffer in two views.
   * Set new buffer EOL mode properly on Mac OSX.

Changes:
   * Added Russian translation.
   * Key command changes from beta 2.
   * Do not hide the statusbar when the command entry has focus.

mitchell