Re: [textadept] Textadept 4.0

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:48:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Brian,

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Brian Schott wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:17 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>> Textadept will of course continue to be actively developed. (You've probably
>> noticed there has been a new release at least once a month going back to
>> v2.1 in March 2010.) I have a couple ideas in the pipeline: asynchronous
>> spawning of processes and debugging support (for Lua first, then maybe
>> C/C++). Please feel free to make additional suggestions.
>
> My only big feature request is for adeptsense and keyboard commands to
> be more aware of which lexer is actually being used at the cursor
> position. It's a bit awkward for my key commands for the "<" key in
> hypertext inserting tags into my embedded javascript.

If you modify core/keys.lua:240 to use:

   buffer:get_lexer(true)

instead of just buffer:get_lexer(), does that fix your problem?
Adeptsense's triggers are already aware of the current lexer so '<' in
javascript does not give me hypertext adeptsense. Key commands do not
currently make this distinction and if the above code doesn't break
anything, I will probably commit it.

mitchell