Re: [textadept] Textadept 4.0

From: steve donovan <steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:55:20 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Right - that was easy!

Nothing is _ever_ that easy ;)

I have hit an issue with stdin/stdout buffering; to reliably catch all
errors from a Lua program, you need to switch off output buffering for
stdout like so:

io.stdout:setvbuf('no')

But, when I switched off my monkey-patch, I noticed exactly the same
problem using standard io.popen!

This is exactly why in Lua for Windows we invoke Lua like so from SciTE:

command.go.*.lua=lua -e "io.stdout:setvbuf 'no'" "$(FileNameExt)"

(similar trick possible for TA I suppose)

steve d.
Received on Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 04:55:20 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Thu 08 Mar 2012 - 12:21:49 EST