Re: [textadept] Textadept 4.0

From: steve donovan <steve.j.dono....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:58:54 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
> annoying to have the flashing box every time you save when the
> language module does a syntax check on save like the Python or Ruby

Wow, that could get _very_ irritating! Well, it's proof-of-concept,
we can make it lean & mean!

My next trick will be an interactive Python prompt, using winapi async
process i/o, which will be a first: something that the Unix version
can't do!

BTW, for those using TA to work with Lua on Windows, this is the
necessary mod to sort out the buffering issue:

m_run.run_command.lua = [[lua -e "io.stdout:setvbuf 'no'" %(filename)]]

(this is in modules/lua/init.lua)

AFAIK not really necessary for non-Windows, so it can be done per-platform.

I must say TA 4.0 is really looking good, the new shortcuts are well
chosen and the new menu interface is great.

As an aside, it would perhaps be a good idea if TA's Lua core did not
use LUA_CPATH. Some doofus (e.g myself) might set it when working with
Lua and wonder why his TA extension did not load! Or (better) to
customize the core so that the environment variable is different, e.g.
LUA_TA_CPATH.

steve d.