Request: Remove tab settings from language modules

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:28:34 -0700

Some of the language add-on modules contain settings for indentation
(tabs vs. spaces and indent size). These override any user settings in
~/.textadept/init.lua, thereby changing how the editor operates in a
way that I think is unexpected from a language module.

I noticed this primarily with the Java module, as it removes the
feature of removing trailing whitespace and also resets my
indentation. Tabs are the superior indentation unit (I SHALL NOT BE
PERSUADED OTHERWISE, HEATHENS!), but at work I need to follow the
guidelines of no trailing whitespace and 4-space indentation (as
recommended by the (poorly-worded) Java code conventions
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconventions-136091.html#262)

Whenever I upgrade or reinstall TA I end up forgetting to remove this
from the Java module and manage to stupidly check in files with the
wrong whitespace settings. I could override the override in my
post_init.lua, but why should I have to?

please. Other than that, they're awesome.