Re: [textadept] Request: Remove tab settings from language modules

From: Patrick McMorris <patr....at.sixpack.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:51:58 -0700

I have similar issues when the editor removes trailing spaces on save.

This is a great feature for writing nice clean code and works ok when
everyone on a project is also doing it. But more generally, when you're
working with millions of lines of code, and hundreds of people, on many
concurrent branches, on legacy code bases, etc... It's a bad idea for the
editor to go modify lines that you didn't touch. It makes merging a
nightmare and code reviews more complicated than they need to be for folks
using crappy diff tools. Personally, I like it on at home but I need it
off at work. And I need it to stay off, wholesale at the app level not at
the per language/fileformat level.

Patrick

PS
down with tabs