Re: [textadept] Theming Dilemma

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:05:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi Travis,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Travis Herrick wrote:

> I have set all of the styles that I have been able to find and yet I have some text appearing as bold that I cannot
> figure out where the style is coming from. I'm just using what comes with textadept plus my theme (no
> language-specific modules or anything). I even went through and set bold = false for all the styles I'm aware of. Here
> are the styles I'm setting:
> style_nothing
> style_char
> style_class
> style_comment
> style_constant
> style_definition
> style_function
> style_keyword
> style_number
> style_operator
> style_string
> style_preproc
> style_tag
> style_type
> style_variable
> style_whitespace
> style_embedded
> style_identifier
> style_error
> style_line_number
> style_bracelight
> style_bracebad
> style_controlchar
> style_indentguide
> style_calltip
> style_default
>
> The offending style is used on the "key" part of xml elements, but it does appear to inherit the default fore color:
> <element key="value"�/>
>
> I don't mind digging around more, but I'm at a loss as to where to look. Any guidance would be appreciated.

The offending style is in lexers/xml.lua. Some lexers create their own
styles that are not changable by the theme and that needs to be fixed.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. For now you can change this by
modifying the xml.lua lexer directly or saving a copy in your
~/.textadept/lexers/ folder.

mitchell