Re: [textadept] Autocompletion frustration

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:18:17 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Patrick McMorris <patr....at.sixpack.ca> wrote:
> I'm not sure if anyone else is continually fighting with the autocompletion
> with brackets, braces, quotes, etc.  I like the concept, but really, I
> almost never forget to close a bracket. What really happens is that it puts
> in the extra character that I was going to type anyway and then I need to
> change what I was thinking/doing and respond appropriately to the extra
> characters that this engine is throwing in.  Here is an example of a system
> that does something similar but is far less intrusive as you don't need to
> alter your behavior (in what you type/press normally) get the advantage.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL22E601663DAF3A14&v=TyfO-7lvy_c
> Maybe there is already a way to fix this but so far I haven't accumulated
> enough TA knowledge to do anything non-trivial.

you can set
_m.textadept.editing.AUTOPAIR = false
in your init.lua to switch off all automagic completion. It's also
possible to disable only
the matching of some chars or have those set language specific,
using the char_matches table. [1]

Robert

[1] http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept/modules/_m.textadept.editing.html