scintilla changing character case in view

From: Scott Weisman <sweis....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:09:27 -0800 (PST)

I have a problem I first discovered in Scite, and thought it was
specific to that, but now I see it in TA as well.

Here's an example. I have the following line in my TA init.lua file:

-- join lines

Only, when I edit it in TA, that's NOT what I see. What I see is this:

-- join Lines

In fact, it looks like EVERY "l" is displayed as "L" in comments. In
Scite, I think even variable names were affected as well.

Can someone please explain what is going on how to fix this?! It's
driving me crazy. I never know if I'm looking at typos, syntax errors,
or just text that is not rendered properly.

It doesn't matter which lexer I use either. Here's PHP:

Correct:

// *AA for now force to always check for all updates

As viewed in TA:

// *AA for now force to aLways check for aLL updates

In PHP, even strings are affected.

Okay, further checking reveals that this is in the new Solarized theme
I am trying out. In my old theme, which was customized from the old
"light" theme, no mangling happens. But I like the Solarized themes,
so I want to use them from now on. So, why would this happen and how
do I stop it?