Re: [textadept] How to remove the menu bar of textadept?

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:27:49 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Tang Daogang <daogangt....at.gmail.com>
wrote:> hi,>> I want to bind Alt + h as move left, like vim, but the
menu capture my key> event, how to  remove the menu bar to do it?>>
Thx.>
there are two ways:
Do not load textadept/menu.lua at all, which means requiring all
textadept submodules separately in your init.lua:
require 'textadept.adeptsense'
require 'textadept.bookmarks'
require 'textadept.command_entry'
require 'textadept.keys'

instead of doing only
require 'textadept'

Or, probably simpler, you could change the localisation for the Help entry.
In locale.conf it is currently
Help = _Help
If you remove the "_" the help menu will have no accelerator.

Not sure, what is simpler and more future proof, you could use a
modified locale.conf or change the entry in menu.lua from
  { title = L('Help'),
  { title = 'Help',
(Line 208)

Mitchell,
how about making locale.localizations globally accessible to allow for
small modifications like this one?

Robert