[textadept] Textadept 5.0 alpha

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:56:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Textadept 5.0 alpha has been released from http://textadept.googlecode.com

THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE THAT BREAKS COMPATIBILITY WITH TEXTADEPT 4.x! It
should be regarded as unstable and unsuitable for production environments.

A migration guide from Textadept 4 to Textadept 5 is here:
http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/index.php?n=Main.Migrating5

The previous list discussion may also be of some help:
http://groups.google.com/group/textadept/t/2d4fe148104cb1be

In the binaries you will find Textadept compiled against vanilla Lua 5.2
as usual, but I have also included builds against LuaJIT. I don't know if
this will be done in subsequent releases though. I did it primarily for
folks wanting to test LuaJIT speed and/or its FFI library. For more
information on the Lua configurations, please see the Scripting and
Compiling pages of the manual in the release archive.

Other than Scripting and Compiling manual pages, the Preferences page has
also changed so please read that too for new info on
~/.textadept/init.lua. Please ignore the part about Lua 5.1 modules
because I removed the compatibility from Lua 5.2.

Lexer syntax has changed due to the removal of 'module' so please see the
Lexer LuaDoc for updating your custom lexers. The Lua lexer has been
updated to the 5.2 spec.

There are no Textadept API changes from 4 to 5 so far, just changes to Lua
itself.

Bugfixes:
   * None.

Changes:
   * Updated to Lua 5.2 (http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/).
   * Textadept can be compiled with LuaJIT.

Questions and comments welcome.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

mitchell