Re: [textadept] Textadept 5.0 alpha

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:00:52 +0100

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:56 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Textadept 5.0 alpha has been released from http://textadept.googlecode.com

Christmas already? :-)

Just a quick test loading a file with or without LuaJIT, I find the
difference very noticable, loading for example Editor.cxx from the
Scintilla source.
Using os.time gives only seconds, so the 1 vs. 0 second does not mean
too much, but if feels that way! (Running multiple times is probably
unfair due to JiITwarmup, I got a speedup of about 2 with LuaJIT when
opening and closing the file multiple times.)

FFI:
This
local ffi = require("ffi")
ffi.cdef[[
  int MessageBoxA(void *w, const char *txt, const char *cap, int type);
  ]]

keys.cal = function()
  local ret = ffi.C.MessageBoxA(nil, "Hello world!", "Test", 1)
  gui.statusbar_text = 'Return value: '..ret
end

gives a native message box and a return value of 1 or 2 (OK or Cancel).
A native file dialog should work the same way, I just don't know my
way around the MS docs...

Robert