Re: [textadept] Textadept 5.0 alpha

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:56:59 +0100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 3:39 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Robert,
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011, Robert wrote:
>> Just a note and question for OS X:
>> Having old "module"-style stuff loaded crashes Textadept, with a clean
>> user home, there were no problems.
>

> I think this occurs on all platforms...

Might be worth considering leaving the 'module'-switch on, at least
for a while. A module not loading properly might be easier to debug
than a crashing program. On OS X and Windows users likely don't even
get to see terminal output to see a error message.

Another data point (and request to include LuaJIT builds), I started a
session with all files in scintilla/src. Comparing loading times with
and without Lua JIT, the jitted TA starts ~1.5 sec faster. (I added a
_G.quit in init.lua).
It's not nano vs. Eclipse start up time, but it does add up. :-)

time ./textadept -u ~/tmp/ta5beta/
real 0m2.172s
user 0m1.924s
sys 0m0.098s