Re: [textadept] Textadept 5.0 alpha

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:39:37 -0800

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:26 AM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> It probably has to do with the the focus on the Scintilla widget is lost
> temporarily and then restored. SCEN_SETFOCUS is emitted and goto_view() is
> called in textadept.c's s_command(). Is it causing you problems?

I was using that event (along with BUFFER_AFTER_SWITCH and
FILE_AFTER_SAVE) to make sure that the completions currently loaded in
the adeptsense object were up-to-date with the focused buffer. Seeing
it triggered on window moves and resizes was unexpected. Even with
luajit reloading the completion information can take several
milliseconds. The bottleneck is parsing the JSON output of my source
code scanning tool and loading it into the completions table.

I also noticed that the adeptsense code calls
buffer:clear_registered_images when doing completions. I have that
commented out in my local copy because I have icons for "module" and
"package" as well as the default "function" and "field". Was there a
performance reason for clearing those images?