Re: [textadept] Textadept 5.0 alpha

From: Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:49:04 +0100

Hi,

I got this as well with the regular build (it works fine with LuaJIT). I
had a quick look, and the problem seems to be in lL_init:

lL_cleartable(L, LUA_RIDX_GLOBALS);

I haven't worked with the Lua C API, but it would seem that the error is
that the code tries to clear the global environment from the stack using
LUA_RIDX_GLOBALS. The global environment has moved to the registry as of
5.2 (http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/manual.html#4.5), so the global
environment thus needs to be cleared there (using LUA_RIDX_GLOBALS as the
index). That would also explain why it works with LuaJIT.

Cheers,

Nils